Today’s business environment is one in which the only constant is change. As you read this blog post, these may actually be happening in your equipment right now. Whether it’s because your current printer has reached the end of its service life or just because you’re ready for an upgrade, here are 5 more definite signs that it’s time to replace your laser printers.
If you are in Long Beach and you are looking for a Copier in Long Beach for your business, you may contact Clear Choice Technical Services in Long Beach. You can ask about Copier Leasing Services in Long Beach, Copier rental services in Long Beach, and Copier Repair in Long Beach.
What are the 5 signs it’s time to replace your laser printers?
- Service Life – Laser printers typically come with a 1-year warranty on parts, labor, and even ink cartridges during the first 12 months. After 12 months, warranties start dropping quickly down to 90 days or less after 18-24 months. This is the first sign that it’s time to replace your laser printer.
- Quality – Laser printers are known for their high-quality printing. One sign that it’s time to replace your laser printer is when the printouts start coming out of your printer looking faded, smudged, or blurry instead of crisp and clear.
- Cost – when the ink cartridges start costing more than the printer maintenance itself.
- Technology – technology has changed drastically and there are better, more efficient, and cost-effective ways of printing out documents.
- Ease of Use – when the printer has so many buttons and knobs on its front panel that you are having a hard time figuring out which one does what.
People will want their printers to have a sleek design, this way it fits in with the rest of your home office or workspace. Also, people prefer when they can easily print documents from mobile devices like smartphones and tablets by using Wi-Fi connectivity.
Also having good brands is key as there are some companies out there that tend to sell lower quality items that don’t last long at all! So try looking for brand names you know such as HP, Canon, Epson, etc. Another important thing to consider is how much each item costs over time because we don’t want our equipment costing us more money than necessary every month/year. So make sure you do a good price comparison before buying anything.
- A high page per minute rating – means that the printer can print out documents quickly and efficiently, with no delay!
- Built-in wireless support, so you can hook up your printer without having to be tethered by a USB cable. Also, with Wi-Fi connectivity, if one person is using it then another user can use their computer or laptop just by being on the same network.
- Low cost of ownership over time. This is achieved when printers have long-lasting cartridges which yield more pages before needing replacement as well as affordable toner refills once they run empty.
Here are 4 good laser printer brands
- HP Color Laser Printers
- Brother Monochrome Laser Printers
- Xerox Mono Multifunctional MFPs/Printers
- Konica Minolta Bizhub Copiers & All In One Printer/Fax Machines
What features should we look for in a laser printer replacement?
Look at how many pages per minute (ppm) are listed on the box. 5 ppm is the standard rate found in most laser printers.
Also called RAM, memory affects how much data can be processed at once by your printer – more is better here!
(USB or ethernet) are great to have if you want to reduce cable clutter and speed up wired printing times. Wireless connectivity takes away the need for cables all together making it easy to print wirelessly from anywhere on your company’s wireless network.
This saves paper and increases efficiency when printing two pages per sheet of paper. If you don’t see this feature listed on a new replacement printer then ask about it!
If you are experiencing any of the 5 signs, this may be the best time to replace your laser printer. Let us know if we can help make this process smoother for you by providing a quote or consultation on how to best upgrade your office technology.